Sunday, September 16, 2012

Morton Pumpkin Festival

Saturday I ran my first 10K at the Morton Pumpkin Fesstival-which is about 15 minutes from our house. I made it running the whole way in 1 hour and 5 seconds. I was very happy with my time, and I am really glad that I trained enough so I could run it!

After the race, they always do a parade as part of the festival. Here we are waiting for it to start.

Josh enjoyed the parade...Until he fell asleep-since he had been up since really early because I took the whole family to watch me start the race!

Daniel loved the parade, but he had his fingers in his ears the whole time. He didn't want to clap or wave because it was loud.

He would pick up the candy, but he had to keep one finger in his ear to get it. It was pretty cute to watch him.

The storm troopers were pretty cool!

NO parade is complete without a fire truck!!
We had a great time at the parade and hanging out as a family!

5 comments:

  1. I would have loved to have been there cheering you on! (I'm sure you would have out run me with that time) I am so glad you did it. Daniel is a hoot. Thanks for the pics!-Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the race!!! Looks like such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you feel afterwards? That is awesome!!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete