Friday, September 14, 2012

Camping at Starved Rock

Last weekend we went camping to Starved Rock State Park in Utica, Illinois. We had a great time!! Daniel had been asking for weeks to go camping-ever since we had gotten a camping book from the library. I told us the whole way there that he was So excited! I am really glad that we got to go, and that Jason was able to take a few days off.
Joshua had his binky a lot to try and keep him from eating too much dirt/rocks, etc. 

He spent a fair amount of time in the stroller with an attempt to keep him clean, and not eating yucky stuff.

There was a playground at the campground, the boys loved it! I think Joshua loved it because we finally allowed him to crawl around freely because there wasn't any dirt.

Daniel had a lot of fun.

Breakfast time!

crawling and pushing cars in the dirt is what both of our boys did a lot of.

We did a few hikes to different canyons. Daniel was able to walk all of them, so they weren't too hard.  they were really pretty though.

I did this canyon by myself (Jason did it after me) While the boys took a nap in the car.  It was about a 1/2 hour round trip. I am glad that we both got to do it!

Josh Loved the dirt!

We had hot dogs for dinner one night, so yummy cooked on the fire!

Our campsite.

hiking at Mathesson State Park.

Saying cheese.

Joshua helping to clean up the tent.

We had a lot of rain the one full day that we were there (we stayed 2 nights) and that made it tricky, but luckily it was just enough on and off of rain to make it so we could still go out and have some fun. We really enjoyed our camping trip!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun!! We went Cali camping last week. (Drive up, tent on grass :) I sure miss mountain camping. Those canyons look awesome!

    ReplyDelete