Sunday, August 16, 2009

Yellowstone

This is us in front of the first Geyser that we saw. It wasn't my most favorite one, but it turned out to be a great picture!
Yesterday Jason and I went to Yellowstone. It was a free day for the park, so we decided to take advantage of it. This is a picture of some elk laying in the grass. We were in a line of cars for about 20 minutes of slow cars, and this is the only thing that we could figure was the cause of the slowdown. They were cool animals, but seriously...not that cool!
At one of the places that we stopped, We hiked back behind the main attraction of geysers. There were several cool hot pots to see, and in the end this was the best place that we ended up stopping on the trip. This is a picture of Jason seeing how how the water really was. There was boiling water here, but it was on the other side of the hot pot, so he figured that it wouldn't be too bad. Well, it was still really hot. I felt it too!
This is another spot that we found back in the middle of nowhere. This is my most favorite thing that we saw while we were in the park. I loved the little waterfalls, the rocks, and the different colors. I thought this was the most beautiful thing!
This is me in front of my favorite spot. I took a lot of pictures of myself hoping that I might get at least one good one. I thought this one turned out ok. It really was beautiful!!
This was in front of a hot pot that randomly started to bubble and fizz. We decided that we were just really lucky because you really don't know when they are going to start doing things. We thought it was pretty cool. I am so glad that we got to see the bubbles. It was like it all of a sudden started to boil really hard for about 30 seconds. Jason really liked this one too.
This is in front of a pot that sounded like there was a dragon in the hole. It made a lot of noise, and a lot of steam. I didn't really see any water in this one, but it was neat to see, it did sound a lot like a dragon though, so that was kind of weird.
So, President Obama decided to go to Yellowstone the same day we did!! These are the helicopters that he and his family rode in. There were five of them and they were huge!! When he was at Old Faithful, we got stuck on the road going there. We were backed up for about 15 minutes waiting for him to leave Old Faithful, so others could go in. I think that the President picked the wrong day to go because he slowed us down!!
This is a picture of the Tetons. We went home through the south entrance of the park. It takes you down to Jackson, Wyoming, and past the Teton Mountains. They were beautiful!! I had never been that close to see them before, I wish that we could have gone hiking to see the mountain more, but as it was it took about 3 hours to get home! We finally made it home around 7:30, and we whipped together some dinner, and we went to bed early because we were both tired. The sun and the day just wore both of us out. We sure had a great time hanging out in Yellowstone!

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing pictures of you cute and pregnant! Yellowstone is such an amazing place, I love it there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think someone forgot to tell the Pres. that as the President one of the perks is that you get into all the parks for FREE all the time, and that you don't have to hop into your helicopter and go on the free day to save yourself the $20 bucks :) . I would have been a little frustrated to be held up 15 minutes by HIM also. However, Dave and I wouldn't mind seeing those helicopters, I think they are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I don't know why I did not know that you had a blog. But never fear. I have put you on my google reader as blogs that I follow. YOU ARE SO CUTE PREGNANT. Seriously, I just wanted to come and pat your cute belly, although, I am sure that you are sick of people doing that. Pres. Obama was at Grand Canyon on Sunday, our friends were there and said it caused major problems too. Yellowstone is one of our favorite places and so close to you guys. Good luck with the babe... we love you.

    ReplyDelete