Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cave Falls


Yesterday Jason and I decided to go out to Cave Falls and Mesa Falls. They are two beautiful waterfalls that aren't too far from our house.
First, we went to cave falls. It took about an hour to get there with half of the drive on a really rocky road. Our car made it, however it was extremely dusty once we got there.
The falls were just inside of the southwest corner of Yellowstone. So we even go to go into Yellowstone park!
We stepped around in the freezing cold water and had a good time
enjoying the outdoors.

This is us in front of the falls in the middle of the river. The next picture we are still in the middle of the river, but you can see the view that the water fall looks at all day. It was a beautiful place to go visit. I really enjoyed going to see this place!!


There was also another very small waterfall just down from cave falls. You can see Cave falls in the background of this picture, and we are down next to the other waterfall which was fun to see, but not as cool as cave falls.
The reason it is called Cave Falls is because there used to be a cave right next to the falls, but it has recently caved in and it is no longer there. The trail was blocked off so we couldn't even go see it. We did walk in the water as far as we could to see the caved in cave. Last time Jason went to cave falls, the cave was still there, so it wasn't that long ago that it caved in. Too bad I missed it!!








3 comments:

  1. FUN!! You guys always do fun things. Brandon and I are boring and usually hang out at home I know lame we need to get out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I think your baby countdown thing is broken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful. If it wasn't for the 9 months of winter, I really could live somewhere like that :)

    ReplyDelete