Thursday, April 11, 2013

The New House

As many of you know, we recently purchased a home. It was a short sale, sold as is, and was extremely dirty and in desperate need of paint. We have spent the last 40 days or so cleaning, painting, moving, cleaning, painting, throwing away trash that they left, cleaning,
and getting the house ready to move in. Our first night sleeping here was on Monday, and Things are coming along with the move in process. I just wanted to post a few pictures of the process. I will post some of the house once it is a bit more put together. We are super excited to be in this home, and we absolutely LOVE it! THANKS to everyone who helped us get it ready!!
Notice the blue wall in the back...it isn't blue anymore :)
One Saturday while Jason and I were painting, we needed the kids to stay out of the way, so we put the gate at the top of the stairs. The kids weren't very thrilled with that.
Joshua LOVES the shopvac and was happy to help whenever we got it out!
Water painting in the backyard, they loved it!
The previous owners had a dog, and they left the dog house in the backyard.  Luckily the house wasn't too dirty, and the kids love to play in it.
Just waiting for mom patiently on the kitchen floor.
He fell on the tile, and hit his head on a heater vent. At least he is happy now.
There were several nights when we put the kids to bed at the house so that we could work late.  Daniel wouldn't go to bed, so finally I just let him sleep in the family room on the floor.  He was out in 2 seconds.  :)
We had so much fun painting!
We enjoyed painting the entryway.  I am glad that we didn't have to hire anyone!
My aunt Danelle and here Daughter Brittany live about an hour and a half away. They helped me paint and watch the kids. It was nice to have some company!
Danelle and Brittany.
Grandma Smith came to help too. We got TONS done while she babysat the kids. Thanks for the built in babysitter Grandma!!
I think this is the only time she painted, so we had to get the picture. Most of the time she was here, she was watching the boys which allowed us to get more done than we had expected. THANKS GRANDMA!!
The road we built out of masking tape on the family room floor.
I had lots of help painting :)
This is how high the entry was
We found an umbrella in the backyard.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Love it! Love it!
    I can't wait to see you home.
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!! Congrats, it is so fun fixing up a place of your own and painting and changing it to what you want :) Can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the house! I want to come see it one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, Lindsey! I wish I was there to help too! How wonderful for you guys to get a house! Hope to visit someday!

    ReplyDelete