Monday, October 29, 2012

8 Feet

Thursday morning I was on the phone with a friend who was coming over soon. I was giving her directions of how to get here when out of the corner of my eye, I saw Daniel fall out our front window!!! (He was on a chair that is by the window and he pushed on the screen and he fell out.) It scared me to death, I ran downstairs as fast as I could to get him. When I got down there, he was sitting up, so I grabbed him and we raced inside and I put him in the tub. He was bleeding pretty bad from his head. I called my mom so she could tell me what to do without having to think. Daniel calmed down pretty quick, and once I got him cleaned up it was obvious that he would need stitches or staples.

 I changed his yucky clothes, and called Jason. As I got things ready to go, Daniel sat on the couch and waited for me. Jason told me that he would meet us at the hospital, and we were out the door less than 5 minutes later. We went to the ER, and got in pretty quick. They assessed the "ouch" and decided to do staples. Jason and I held on a cotton ball with numbing gel on it for almost an hour. The doctor then came in and gave him staples. His cuts are on the back of his head, so he didn't see anything. I held him while they did it.

Once he was all fixed up they asked us to stay until it had been 6 hours since it happened so he could be monitored. I stayed with Daniel, so that Jason could take Joshua home. Daniel ate a normal lunch, watched TV, played catch, did stickers, and danced around the hospital room. You would never guess that anything had happened. He was really worn out that night, but he handled the whole thing REALLY well. I was very impressed with how it all went. The next morning he was up and playing with friends. It hasn't really bugged him much except he won't lay on his back to sleep. We were really blessed that nothing worse happened, I am so grateful for my little Daniel!
Top window is where he fell from-which was an 8 foot fall.

very small pile of dirt that he landed on.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Lindsey! I am so glad all is okay. Makes me sick just thinking about it. Good job handling it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm am so glad everything is ok. How are you doing? I just can't even imagine.

    ReplyDelete