Sunday, June 7, 2009

Provident Living

We had a ward fireside tonight on Provident Living. It was very interesting to listen to what everyone had to say. We really enjoyed what we heard. It sure made me think about how we can do better with our finances, savings, budgeting, food storage, and everything else. I think also that it is something that everyone can work on and improve upon. So this is just my little reminder that I am trying to work on my food storage etc. so if you have any tips for me with getting started or with how you started things (pretty much I am just starting things) I would love to hear whatever you did and how you did it all! (because right now it seems quite overwhelming to get a 3-month food supply-which will be our first goal)
We also talked about the provident living website that the church has if any have been on there, there are some good resources as well.

3 comments:

  1. I am teaching about food storage on Tuesday for enrichment night. If you want a copy of the handout let me know. Make sure that you store what you eat and just start slow with a can here and there it will add up. Don't try and eat the elephant all at once. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think one of the things that has helped me recently is when I open something I sharpie a date on it. Like peanut butter or a can of rice. Because I realized I had no Idea how long it was taking me to get through things, so how do I plan 3 months or 1 year if I don't know that? I have also tried to develope recepies that are mostly food storage based with veggies or fruit for flair, that way I know that the time it takes us to go through something is pretty close to if we HAD to be eating off our food storage. One last thing taste a small jar of honey before you buy a long term supply of that brand. I learned that not all honeys are equal the hard way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok so this doesn't have ANYTHING to do with food storage, don't ask me about that... we're lucky if we have a two day supply of food :) BUT i am so so so excited for your baby and i also saw your graduation pictures and you look beautiful and i'm so proud of you for graduating! That's awesome!! Good job linds. I love ya!

    ReplyDelete