Thursday, March 27, 2014

It's Always fun when Grandpa Comes!!

My dad came out for a visit 2 weeks ago. We had a great time with him, and my boys sure kept him busy. He probably hasn't played with that many toys in a very long time! Thanks for coming Dad!!

Daniels first words to Grandpa were, “I’ve been waiting for you to come to our house. I have lots of plans for us.” Josh’s first words were, Pampa come home.” I couldn’t ask for a better reception. 

This is part of what Grandpa wrote in his journal about his trip to visit us:
Daniel, Josh and I kept very busy with their plans. I kept track of what we did each day and our days were full until about 6:30 or 7 at night when they got so tired they would crash into bed. Some of what we did was: chased monsters, we were chased by monsters, drove cars, trucks and tractors, had running races and rolled across the room—then it was time for breakfast. After breakfast Daniel went to preschool, we played with Lego’s, read books, read more books, did puzzles, vacuumed, played in the basement, ate snacks, went to the park on a bikes, scooters and walking, took time to hold Luke, watched the Grandma Movie, ate lunch, had a rest time, played with trains, more books and ate dinner—end of the first day with the boys. (Then after they went to bed I had time to talk to Lindsey and Jason before Lindsey crashed from her day.)
playing on the tablet together

Park time




Snacks









Grandpa read TONS of books with the boys

A grandpa visit wouldn't be complete without donuts!




playing with sponges and water, we were grateful to have some warm weather!


1 comment:

  1. That was such a great weekend. I will always cherish the time I spend with your family.
    Thank you for being a great family!
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete