Here is my mom cutting the wood. We made 7 blocks-one for each letter in Daniels name.
.jpg)
This is me painting and sanding the blocks. We chose blue paint because it matched the fabric that we used, and of course, he is a boy.

Here I am cutting the fabric to match the size of each block.
.jpg)
Then we glued the fabric on each block, and looked at the ribbon and other things that we could use to embellish the blocks. Even though the blocks were for a boy, I still thought that it would be fun to add a few girly touches to them.
.jpg)
This is my mom cutting out the letters of Daniels name out of the blue fabric. These letters went on top of the fabric that we had glued on the blocks.
.jpg)
Here is what the blocks looked like with just the fabric glued onto them, before we added any of the letters or ribbon or anything else on to them.
.jpg)
.jpg)
And here are the final blocks with Daniel in the picture. I thought they turned out quite nice. Neither of us were really sure what we were doing when we decided to start this project, but we did agree that it would be fun to see if we could even make the project work. I am glad that we tried, because they really did turn out quite well. It was a lot of fun to figure out a new project with my mom. I am glad that she was willing to try something new with me!

No comments:
Post a Comment